Thursday, October 11, 2007

28 Weeks!!!


So here we are at 28 weeks. When I was in respiratory school I was taught that this was the day to look for. This is the time when surfactant starts to appear in the lungs. The lungs are far from mature but now with some luck things might work. Wendy celebrated by working with babies. Today it is a joy to change a diaper. Soon she will be a mother.



Her belly is getting bigger now. Whenever there is a surface that juts out a little then she has to stand farther back. Her belly can get in the way. I think she can still see her shoes though. It's not all that big, or is it?




When she carries the big white chart across the room she has to lift it high. That belly sure does get in the way. It better not get any bigger or we won't know what to do. Babies sure do take up a lot of room, don't they?




Sometimes babies take up so much room that you need to get bigger things. Wendy is sad that this might be true. She likes what she has, but it is very small. We will see. Maybe we will be fine. I hope the baby is little, then it will fit.