Thursday, September 27, 2007

Peace and Quiet


It's been a good week. I've been at work every day of the last five including a trip yesterday to Salt Lake for a LifeFlight retreat. I don't know why they thought we would want to leave St George in September, it's this month and the next one that are by far the best time all year. I spent the morning today pulling weeds and I actually kind of enjoyed it. I was on my way to get the paper when it all started then I fell into some sort of impulsive gardening zombie. One weed lead to two, and that was followed by another and before I knew it the whole front yard was weed free. It felt so good to be outside for a change that it became a pleasant experience.



Then I decided to feed the birds. We only had enough sunflower seeds left to fill the feeders half full so I divided out the remainder and went inside to shower and get dressed.



It didn't take long for Meowy to discover that the birds were coming in droves so she took advantage of the open windows and watched as they flew in. I know she likes to watch through the glass but the screens let her feel even closer.



The grackles came too. We don't see them very often. They are kind of aggressive and the little birds do scurry away, but it's fun to see them for a change. It's been a nice quiet day. It's been good.